17.10.08

Save the Dates

We've finally ordered our custom save-the-dates!

A co-worker designed them for us and we used our engagement photo that Allen's friend and photographer Kat Doyle took. I ordered the save-the-dates yesterday from Magnet Street Weddings and I've already received and approved the proof (more about this below). So far they've been great to work with. I called and asked a bunch of questions and I always spoke with someone who was knowledgeable, spoke English, and was friendly. When I email them, they responded very quickly. I'm excited to work with them because their products are high quality and glossy, they include foil lined envelopes with each purchase*, and they are fairly inexpensive.

*When you mail magnets, they can get stuck in the USPS sorting machines, so it's essential to mail them in foil lined envelopes.

Here are some other awesome designs from Magnet Street:





This was a design that I loved, but those aren't really our wedding colors, so I decided against it.
Some of the wedding details have struck me more than others. I told my mom yesterday that this really made the wedding feel official and she said "WHAT? Like buying the dress and putting the deposit for the location didn't make it real?" Haha. :)


In the process of writing this blog post, I've noticed two errors with my save the dates. I wish I had done this before approving them! First, I didn't include "Formal Invitation to Follow" and I hope that's not a big deal. The second problem is privacy related so I'm not going to discuss it here. Unfortunately, I know they aren't perfect now, which isn't our friend the designer's fault or Magnet Street. It's completely my fault. :(

* I'm definitely going to post a picture of our design, but I need to blur out some details first!
UPDATE: In talking with one of my bride-to-be friends this weekend, we came to the conclusion that leaving out "Formal Invitation to Follow" isn't really necessary because it's a save-the-date and guests know that something else is coming soon! Also, I could've just left it off because of space limitations! So Thank you so much to my fellow bride-to-be L for the awesome and comforting advice!

No comments: