The wedding maps for the out of town bags were quite an adventure. I was inspired by this Weddingbee.com post and Laura Hooper's fabulous maps like this one:
Allen has Photoshop on his MegaMac (the PowerMac G5--it's a few years old but it's what he does all his music editing on) and I was really impressed with his knowledge! He helped me to create various layers and reverse and inverse things. We downloaded some cool fonts from dafont.com and got some Dingbats (shape fonts) for decorating the map with cuteness.
We struggled for a little while at the beginning when he didn't understand that I wanted a cute map and he didn't think a cute map would do anyone any good. Luckily the Outer Banks are a peninsula and there is only one road so I finally convinced him that it didn't need to be very detailed. I mean the directions from the ceremony to the reception are "Turn right. Go 13 miles south. Turn left." So lots of detail isn't really needed. :)
We're still finalizing the maps but I promise I'll post a picture soon. It definitely looks more like Miss Spring Roll's than Laura Hooper's but I think the guests will appreciate it!
The out of town bags will be white kraft bags with a pretty welcome label and we plan to include:
- A welcome note from the bride and groom with contact information and appropriate scheduling information
- A water bottle
- Our pretty maps
- Coupon/Activity book from the Outer Banks tourism office
- Snacks (pretzels, cookies, etc. from Costco)

No comments:
Post a Comment