The Episcopal marriage ceremony is pretty long and has a lot of responses so we have to have a pretty detailed program since we won't be in a church where guests could refer to the prayer book.So last weekend I got quotes from FedExKinko's and OfficeMax to print booklet programs with a cardstock cover and regular paper inside sheets. We'll include the names of the bridal party, readings, prayers and responses. I think if we print on both sides, it'll be about six pages long. We plan to attach the pages with ribbon, which we'll be adding ourselves.
FedExKinko's quote was $204.50 for the paper (cardstock cover and plain interior pages), printing, folding and punching holes in approximately 150 programs. I was pretty discouraged after that because $200 is a lot more than I expected for paper that I wasn't totally excited about.

Then we went to OfficeMax and got a quote for exactly the same thing. Grand total = $79.50.
OfficeMax allows you to provide your own paper and that drastically reduces the cost of printing. They will also fold and hole punch but they recommend punching your own holes because it's cheaper. Kinko's didn't even mention this as an option to save money.

Needless to say, we will be printing our programs at OfficeMax! I definitely recommend getting several quotes on printing your programs!
Oh and did I mention we'll accept volunteers to help tie all those ribbons? :)
4 comments:
If I was close, I'd totally help - your big day is soon approaching! AHH! Praying for you, Allen, and the rest of the family - what a magical time in your life.
good to remember... exciting!!
Can I help tie bows while we are there the week before the wedding or did you want it done before arrival? I love reading about your planning process. And yes - it always helps to get bids/quotes! Can't wait!
Miss Ina
I can most definitely help! Just let me know when you need me. It sounds like you got a great deal at Office Max! :)
Post a Comment